The Sheriff's Office administers the concealed handgun-licensing program for residents of Tillamook County.
Each applicant is fingerprinted, photographed, and an extensive criminal, civil, and mental health background
check is conducted.
To qualify for a concealed handgun license you must:
- be at least 21 years of age
- be a US citizen or have proof of application with intent to become a citizen
- never have been convicted of a disqualifying crime of domestic violence
- never have been convicted of a felony
- not have been convicted of a misdemeanor in the last four years
- not be a registered sex offender
- not have been convicted of more than one drug-related crime
- pay appropriate fees
- provide written documentation that demonstrates that you have taken a handgun safety course
- pass a background check
is for new applicants, renewals, transfers, and address changes.
New Applicants: First time applicants need to call 503-842-2561 and make an appointment to bring in their completed application to the Sheriff's Office at 5995 Long Prairie Rd, Tillamook, OR 97141. The fee at the time of the appointment is $65 for Tillamook County Sheriff for application and fingerprinting. The license is valid for four (4) years.
Address Change: If you are a current Tillamook County CHL cardholder and have moved within Tillamook
County, please change your DMV information first and then come by the Sheriff’s Office to obtain an
updated card. Our hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to Noon & 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The cost of the address change is $15.
For more detailed information, review website information before calling the Sheriff's Office at 503-842-2561